Can you Drink Alcohol After Botox
Botox injections have become the most common cosmetic procedure in America. Over 7 million people had Botox treatments, in 2016. Botox anti-wrinkle injections may be an option if you want to improve your skin’s appearance and reduce fine lines and wrinkles. You may be curious about Can you Drink Alcohol After Botox. Find the explanation in the following article.
In the article Can you Drink Alcohol After Botox, you will also add other information such as, can you drink alcohol after getting injections, what not to drink after botox, Can you Drink Alcohol After Botox, can I drink alcohol before botox, can you drink alcohol after fillers, and drinking water after botox.
So, let’s look at the full review of Can you Drink Alcohol After Botox, below.
What is Botox
Botulinum toxin, also known as botox, is a medicine that can be used to diminish wrinkles on the face and treat migraines that are chronic muscle stiffness, migraines, and bladder overactivity. Additionally, Botox is also used for the treatment of cervical dystonia hyperhidrosis (hyperhidrosis) within the armpits, and eye blinking.
Botox is derived from neurotoxin from a bacterial organism Clostridium botulinum, which is able to relax muscles or cause paralysis by stopping the flow of nerve signals. Botox’s effects are not permanent.
Botox’s effects will usually diminish and disappear within 3-6 months. Therefore, injections may be required again. Botox is not a cure for the disease. It only alleviates symptoms.
How to Use Botox Correctly
- Botox is administered directly by a physician or medical specialist who is under supervision by a physician. The drug is in the muscle (intramuscular or intramuscular) as directed by the physician.
- It is recommended to stay clear of drinking alcohol for at least one week prior to your injection procedure. To avoid bruising, you should discontinue taking aspirin and blood thinner medicines 2 weeks prior to the treatment.
- Botox injections may be administered to multiple areas depending on the condition of the patient. If Botox injection is administered to the eye muscle your doctor might suggest using eye drops, ointments, or contact lenses that are specially designed or other products to safeguard the outer layer of the eye.
- If you are planning to get Botox injections to treat excessive sweating, it’s advised to trim your armpits and avoid using perfume or deodorant on the day prior to your injection. Avoid exercising and consume hot or spicy foods or drinks for half an hour prior to your injection.
- The amount of time needed to allow Botox to work will differ for every person. In general, the effects are visible within a few days and will last for 3 months.
- Do not rub the area you have just injected for the first 24 hours
- Repetition injections at least every three months as prescribed by a doctor to prolong your effects from Botox. It is suggested to get Botox injections by the same doctor. If there is a change, inform the condition and frequency of botox injections beforehand so that the administration of botox injections can be adjusted.