Maybe lately you often hear it, a popular drink that is consumed among teenagers even old age. This is a Green tea boba whose manufacturing process is simple.
In summer it is perfect to drink it during the day to accompany snacks or other dishes such as How To Make Roasted Cauliflower Soup and Mashed Potatoes. The addition of green tea (matcha) will make a fresh taste and spirit.
This drink is very easy to find even the price varies. But we don’t know how to process it and what the level of hygiene is like. I hope you can make it at home for a more hygienic result.
I think with this coronavirus more people are looking for a recipe to fill the day. This time I will share a more economical green tea boba recipe.
Boba is a tapioca ball and many other mentions such as bubble, pearl ball… Boba includes toppings that are shaped like balls and have a chewy texture. It is made of tapioca flour by boiling it in hot water.
The manufacturing process will not take long, you can make 4 portions in just 35 minutes.
Because this drink is healthy, I made it for my son. The tea used is green tea (matcha). But one time I also experimented to make it with black tea like early grey. My son was very happy when I drank it.
I often serve it with a fresh dessert Anginetti Italian Lemon Drop Cookies Recipe Anginetti Italian Lemon Drop Cookies Recipe to complement dinner.
For a more complete recipe, you’ll get it below.
Green Tea Boba - Traditional High Tea Recipes
- Glass Milkshake
- Extra-large straw
- 1 cup tapioca pearls
- 5 cups of water
- ¼ cup maple syrup ( for a cleaner taste, make the sugar syrup, ¼ cup sugar + ¼ water, cook until the sugar dissolves )
To make one serving of milk tea
- 1 ½ cups uns sweetened soy milk
- 1 ½ tsp matcha green tea powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (to taste)
- ½ cup ice cubes
Instructions Green Tea Boba
To make boba
- In a small saucepan simmer 5 glasses of water. Then put the tapioca pearls in, cook over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- For pearls not to stick, you should stir them frequently. Once cooked (you should ensure the texture of its softness by testing it), turn off the stove and let stand for 10 minutes in the water.
- After that, drain and rinse using cold water. Transfer to a clean jar and add 1/4 cup of sugar water or maple syrup over pearls.
- Then add more water until it covers the pearls.
- Store in the fridge for 2 days. When it’s cold, boba will be hard to come back. To soften it simply heat it in a saucepan filled with boiling water with a little extra syrup and water.
To make matcha milk tea
- Put soy milk, powdered green tea, maple syrup, and ice cubes in a blender. Then puree.
- Add 2 spoonfuls of boba to the milkshake glass, then pour the milk tea over the boba and serve with an extra-large straw.
- To make the best bubble tea is to use a warm tapioca ball.
- The brighter the matcha green, signifying that the quality is good.
- Use quality water by filtering it, it will add a better taste.
- You can replace maple syrup with brown sugar or other sugars.
- All kinds of milk can be used, but I prefer soy milk.
- To prevent boba from blending, you can separate it with the boiling technique while stirring. Or when serving adds a little ice, that’s also a good thing.