Ground beef becomes one of the mainstay ingredients of housewives when cooking. It is made with a grinder to get finely processed meat. in this article you will know How to Make, Store ground beef and How Long Does Cooked Ground Beef Last In The Fridge: and Tips for Choosing Ground Beef.
This versatile meat can be obtained easily. Buying ground beef is more practical and effective, but the quality is questionable.
Instead of worrying, you can make it yourself and it’s very easy. Saving it is also easy. Check out more here!
How to make ground beef ?
Choose the meat to be used in the fresh state and does not contain much fat. Then separate the fat from the meat.
Cut the meat in a transverse shape, separating it with hard fat. Fat will be used in the next process. If you have, store the cut meat in the freezer for one to two hours or until half frozen.
In the final stage, but the meat along with the fat into the grinder. Then add the seasoning as needed, such as garlic, pepper, salt, and nutmeg.
Put the seasoning in the last grind and stir until well blended. ground beef can already be formed.
What is the safest way to handle beef when shopping ?
When choosing your ground beef, make sure you choose a properly cooled and tightly sealed package. For security, put the beef in a plastic bag so that all the juice can be accommodated.
How should I handle ground beef after I get home from the store?
When the temperature of the meat is between 40–140F °, it is in perfect condition for bacteria to multiply. Make sure you reduce the growth by cooling or freezing it within two hours after purchase.
besides the ground beef you will also find out about How Long is Thawed Chicken Good For? And May The Chicken That’s Been Thawed In The Refrigerator Be Re-freeze. Find the answer!
Nutritional value of ground beef
Serving Size 100 grams (g)
- Energy 1155 KJ 276 kcal
- Fat 18.58 g
- Saturated Fat 7,192 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 0.516 g
- Monounsaturated Fat 8,557 g
- Cholesterol 88 mg
- Protein 25.35 g
- Carbohydrate 0 g
- Fiber 0 g
- Sugar 0 g
- Sodium 400 mg
- Potassium 287 mg
First, check the condition of your refrigerator before storing meat for long
To keep the meat fresh until the time will be processed, you must store the meat ingredients in the refrigerator or just freeze it in the freezer. But you have to confirm the feasibility of your fridge .
The way to know if your refrigerator is still functioning is simple. Take note of the food you store in the freezer, such as ice cream.
If the ice cream still tends to be soft watery and does not harden after a long freeze, the sign is that your freezer temperature is less cold to store food for a long period.
This is vital since new food needs to last more than it needs to when frozen.
When the condition of your refrigerator is not feasible, food is damaged faster because the refrigerator’s less cold temperature allows bacteria and fungi to contaminate the food.
How Long Would Cooked Ground Beef Last From The Fridge
The rest of the ground beef can be stored for other processes. How to store ground beef is very practical. Here’s how it’s recommended:
Storing raw ground beef:
Shape the ground beef into small balls. Then, arrange in an airtight container and do not get too dense. This makes the meat sprue and hard when it will be removed. Store in the freezer. if it will be used again, wait for the temperature to be the same as the air temperature.
Raw ground beef, can only last in the refrigerator for one to two days. If stored in the freezer, ground beef can last up to 3-4 months.
Storing cooked ground beef:
Cook the meat first, sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Cook fatty meat without using oil. For the lean ones, can use a little oil. if it is, store it in a sealed container and place it in the refrigerator, not in the freezer.
Let’s say you’ve cooked a pound of ground beef for a taco night, how long are you going to last in the fridge? Like all leftovers, cooked meat will last in the refrigerator for 3 – 4 days, according to the United States Department of Agriculture.
Do not freeze the thawed meat again
After eliminating the saved or frozen meat from the fridge, immediately procedure everything in order there aren’t any leftovers to be suspended .
Refreezing raw meat That’s Been thawed can Hamper the quality of This Meat and create it rust quickly.
Before placing it in the fridge, split the part so that if planning to cook, then you merely have to eliminate and repaint as vital.
Tips for Choosing Ground Beef
- Pay attention to the date the ground beef is packed, you can ask the officer before buying it.
- If the beef is grayish all the way and does not turn red when exposed to air for fifteen minutes or more, this is most likely the meat has been damaged.
- You will also be able to instantly recognize the aroma, the rotten ground beef will smell sour. Feels sticky to the touch.
- Beef products are prone to bacterial contamination by E.coli, salmonella, and listeria. Proper handling and cooking procedures are essential to prevent foodborne illnesses.
- Other bacteria can also contribute to rapid decay because it is best to use or cook ground beef immediately after purchase.
- Ground beef is particularly vulnerable as it begins with the process of cutting meat exposed to various handling procedures and equipment surfaces. Grinding makes the surface of the meat more exposed to bacteria. Cook the meat thoroughly. Usda food safety guidelines for ground beef should be cooked at an internal temperature of 71 degrees Celsius. Use a meat thermometer to make sure, or make sure the processed beef is perfectly cooked.
- Cleanliness when holding ground beef is very important. It includes not only hands but also equipment and work surfaces when processing them in the kitchen.
- Don’t use the very same containers or utensils for vegetables and meat. Using the same knife to cut vegetables can contaminate previously safe beef and vice versa.
- Cross-contamination is the most common cause responsible for foodborne diseases.
- All equipment should be thoroughly washed with soap and hot water before use on other foods.