Roasted Cauliflower Soup is very creamy but without cream. A recipe that is very popular with many people, may sound unappealing to some who have never eaten before.
Believe me, this is a very tasty soup. A recipe that is easy to make with just a piece of cauliflower you can make it.
This is one of my favorite foods, since childhood. When autumn comes I crave a warm and tender soup, I always remember a time when my mother made it affectionately.
This time I will be handing out roasted cauliflower soup and mashed potatoes recipes and I can’t wait for you to make them at home.
Cauliflower is a vegetable that is mostly found in autumn. This vegetable can help you lose weight.
Here’s a reason to add soup to your food menu:
- This soup is easy to make, you only need 60 minutes to serve a good dish.
- Perfect for both winter and autumn, it will warm you up.
- Soup cream is suitable for dieters because it uses low carb ingredients.
As for some other low carb diet menu Miso Soup Calories – Is Miso Soup Keto
oh yes besides, for mashed potatoes I give you some tips below so you can make it very well as you wish.
It’s easy to make it you just have to boil it in 25 minutes and add some ingredients so it becomes a very tasty and amazing dish.
But be careful to choose the potatoes, here I choose the ingredients using russet potatoes. Because in addition to its large shape it turns out that these potatoes are very suitable if used as other cooking ingredients.
Such as grilling, mashing, and being used as french fries. These potatoes are also very good for you dieters and can prevent various diseases if consumed adequately.
Roasted Cauliflower Soup and Mashed Potatoes
For Roasted Cauliflower Soup
- 14 ounces cauliflower
- ½ tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium-sized onion roughly chopped
- 1 celery stick roughly chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- ½ tsp fresh rosemary finely chopped
- ½ cups water
For Mashed Potatoes
- medium-size russet potatoes peeled and diced
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup butter or margarine softened
- ½ tsp salt
- Pinch of pepper
- parsley or chopped leeks
To make Roasted Cauliflower Soup:
- The first step is to cut the cauliflower into small pieces.
- Coat the baking sheet with baking paper, then sprinkle the cauliflower.
- Sprinkle with a little pepper, salt, and extra virgin olive oil.
- Once everything is seasoned, put it in the oven, bake for 30 minutes.
- then, sauté the onion and celery in a pan over medium heat.
- add the roasted cauliflower, stirring for 7 minutes. once well mixed, put the vegetable broth and chopped rosemary to cook again for 15 minutes.
- Then, puree the soup using a blender.
- Season with salt, pepper then reheats for 6 minutes.
- serve the soup in a bowl by adding a little olive oil.
To make Mashed Potatoes:
- Diced potatoes, with a one-meal size.
- Put the potatoes in a saucepan filled with water.
- Make sure the water soaks the potatoes, then boil for about 25 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Then, drain in a sieve, discard as much liquid as possible, and put it back in the pan. Reheat the pan, then crush the potatoes until smooth and there are no blobs.
- After that add the melted butter.
- Gently heated milk input. then, add the pepper and salt.
- Stir the potatoes until light and fluffy.
- Pour into a serving plate, sprinkle a little pepper on top.
- And add sliced parsley or chopped leeks. Serve warm.
Tips for Mashed Potatoes
- Look for hard potatoes and avoid choosing the green one.
- For a good potato yield, I suggest you cook it by dicing it and placing it in a saucepan filled with cold water, it will make your potatoes ripen more evenly.
- We have to keep all the ingredients warm when refining the potatoes, even by pouring cold milk and butter into them.
- I recommend you to melt the butter and heat the milk before including it in the pan. Pour gently to get a soft texture.