The sweet sauce is also slightly salty, its thick texture can be used to cook a variety of dishes. in this article, you will find out how to make delicious teriyaki sauce cold.
You can make this easy sauce in just 15 minutes, the viscosity of the sauce obtained will produce tremendous satisfaction, this sauce looks thicker compared to the bottled sauce sold in the market.
By making your teriyaki sauce, it will be guaranteed a level to its hygienic and halalness. serving it as a glaze on a dish or adding it as a condiment to the dish will produce a wonderful delicacy.
The favorite thing about making it is that when my husband roasts chicken, I serve spicy teriyaki sauce as his sambal. Everyone loved it and ate it happily.
What is teriyaki sauce?
Teriyaki sauce is one of the seasonings of cuisine originating from the land of the rising sun, Japan. In this recipe I make the sauce without alcohol, you can consume it freely.
I replaced rice vinegar with lemon juice, the reason is that lemon is very acidic and easily doubles the acidity of rice vinegar.
Also, lemon contains many active compounds such as phytochemicals, flavonoids, coumarins, psoralen, carotenoids, vitamins, and minerals. Phytochemicals in it are very functional for the health of the body, one of which is to improve the immune system.
How to use teriyaki sauce?
Teriyaki sauce can be used as a dip seasoning before vegetables or meat are cooked. Teriyaki sauce is also often used to smear the surface of the meat being grilled.
Teriyaki sauce can be used as marinade seasoning, as well as stir-fry seasoning. Sauces that seep into the meat will make the texture and taste more delicious in the mouth.
As for the type of fried food, the sauce can be poured over the food into toping.
How long is teriyaki sauce made?
The preparation time is about 5 minutes, while the cooking time is 10 minutes ideally. But if the texture of the sauce is still less viscous you can add a few more minutes.
How long can homemade teriyaki sauce be stored?
This sauce can be stored in the fridge for a week, if you keep it for more than a week it might change the taste.
What tools are needed in this recipe?
What ingredients are needed for a delicious teriyaki sauce?
- Low sodium soy sauce
- a squeeze of lemon water
- Sesame oil
- Garlic, chopped
- Ginger, chopped
- Chili oil
How to make teriyaki sauce cold?
- The first step in a bowl is to mix soy sauce, lemon juice, sesame oil, honey, garlic, ginger, and hot chili oil.
- Then dissolve the cornstarch with a little water.
- Put the granulated sugar and a glass of water in a saucepan, then simmer it for 5 minutes while stirring and produce a slightly thick texture like syrup.
- Add the soy sauce mixture to the sugar water and boil again for 5 minutes.
- Add the cornstarch liquid, stirring it until it thickens.
- The last step is to put the sauce in a jar and chill it in the fridge.
Tips for making teriyaki sauce
- For the ginger, I use chopped ginger. You can replace it with grated ginger for a smoother result.
- To thicken it I use cornstarch, AVOID putting cornstarch directly into the pan, it will cause chaos because of the clots contained in it.
- If you want to keep the sauce in the fridge the most important thing is to filter it first, it will help the sauce last longer.
How to make teriyaki sauce hot easy?
You can make a hot sauce teriyaki recipe by adding a large number of chili flakes to the soy sauce mixture.
It will be perfect for cooking grilled chicken, sautéing, or other chicken dishes.
How to make spicy and delicious teriyaki sauce?
- Are you a spicy lover, it sounds like lately spicy food is very popular in various countries. Asian dishes can be easily served alongside spicy and delicious teriyaki sauce.
- By adding some chili powder to your measure and to taste, it will make a sauce that has a sweet and spicy flavor. Combined with grilled meat will make you addicted to eating it.
For a complete menu, you can serve delicious dishes with Strawberry Milk Mix one of the drinks that people are very interested in summer.Print