Nose pins are now one of the most popular jewelry around the world. Many women out there use this to enhance their appearance to make it look more attractive. It all depends on the choice, whether you want to use black diamonds, real gold, or something else. But you should know more about Nose Pin: Real Gold, Crystal, Black Diamond, Traditional Indian Jewelry, in this article.
What does a nose ring signify to a girl?
Different countries may place symbolic meaning on nose rings based upon their cultural and tradition values. In the United States, the art of nasal piercing is considered an act of rebellion against so many conservative values.
Based on the fact that where you do piercing, will bring different meaning. But overall, it’s all about expressing cultural values, while adding appearance.
In South Africa, nasal piercings are performed by Beja and Berber only to display their entire wealth. They rightly think that the greater the jewelry of the nasal piercing, the more wealth they have to show others.
What does a nose ring mean to a man?
Similar to women, men wear nose rings to show wealth, accentuate a graceful and handsome appearance in the eyes of others. But more than that, nose rings have been used by men as a fashion style statement.
Generally, men like to wear metal or steel rings around their noses as well as ear piercings. In South Africa, nasal piercings are performed among men only to display their entire wealth.
What does nasal piercing mean on the left or right side?
So many men and women consider piercing their noses. Whether it’s on the right or the left, it still reflects your entire personality.
The left side of the nose will release more feminine powers. It will show you how feminist you are and how much it likes the power of women to exist in society. The right side of the nasal piercing will release many masculine views.
It is believed that the right side of the nose can be pierced to reduce pain during childbirth. Western culture says that a man who has a piercing on his right nostril means he is gay, and a woman wearing one on her left signifies she is a lesbian.
What is an Indian nose ring?
In India, a nose ring is called Nath. This jewelry became popular around the 9th and 10th centuries. In addition, the nose ring is part of various symbols of a woman’s marital status, while displaying economic status.
For the king’s wives, ministers, and wealthy families, they wore naths made of pearls, sapphires, and Kundan. While ordinary people only wear jewelry made of silver.
What’s the correct position of the nose ring?
Nasal rings in India can be worn in the nostrils, septum (cartilage between the nostrils), or the nasal stem. However, most commonly a nose ring is worn in the left or right hole. Usually, the left nostril is preferred because it is associated with the female reproductive organs. Piercing in that position is considered to facilitate childbirth as well as reduce the amount of menstrual pain.
Nose Ring Connection in India with Marriage
Many Indian women, especially Hindus, will pierce their noses at 16 years of age, which is the legal age to get married. Piercing in India is one way Hindus honor Parvathi, the goddess of marriage.
In some parts of India, the nose ring is never removed after a woman gets married. Nose rings are often worn as a sign of marital status, but unmarried women, and even Indian girls, may wear them for other reasons.
Types of Nose Rings in India
In different Indian states, these gems are made differently. The Mukhuttis Tamil Nadu and Karnataka have traditional decorations of lotuses and geese. Most are diamond-encrusted. Rajasthani women wear nathuri and bhauriya. The first is a small, gold- or silver-colored ring with precious gemstones.
Bhauriya has a slightly different design. The traditional clove-shaped nose rings are called “laung”, while the small pendant that hangs between the nostrils, which is a plunging shape, is called “latkan”.
Nath is decorated with two pearls and beads numbered to signify prosperity. Punjabi girls have gold rings arranged in 20 to 25 motifs. This is nath shikarpuri.
Sometimes the septum rings in rural areas and tribal communities are so large that they cover part of the mouth and often get in the way of eating.
Where do gold nose pins come from?
Elegant nose rings were first recorded in the Middle East nearly 4000 years ago, where they are usually given as wedding gifts, symbolizing a woman’s marital status. Pining a golden nose is also part of a particular African culture, to represent wealth.
Also know about Nose Pin: (Nose Ring, Nose piercing) Side Effects, Risks, Aftercare, and Safety. This can be your consideration before piercing. That way, you’ll be more understanding and careful in doing so.
Types of Nose Pins
One of the jewelry brands that are quite popular, selling nose pins type real gold with the name Cutedoumiao Gold. The product sold for $7.80. Not only that, but this type of nose pin is also available in silver.
- 100% new and high quality
- Elegant design and very pretty
- Cool, soft and thin stuff
- Can show your personality
SeaISee 3mm crystal magnetic stud earring magnet nose ear lip stud sells for $7.99
- 100% new and high quality
- Material: Magnets and imitation diamonds
- Number: 8 pairs or sets of Stud magnet crystals specially designed for use anywhere. Whether it’s in the nose, lips, or ears.
- Place the thin retaining magnet between your ear and the gums or inside your nose. Then, place the jewelry in the front.
- Easy to use in many situations.
- Can be used for Birthdays, Engagements, Parties, Weddings, or as gifts.
The 14K Gold Curve Stud Black Diamond Nose Ring is priced at $29.99. This product is available and sold freely in the online shop.
- This Black Diamond nose ring is very elegant and can be worn daily. The subtle sparkle and perfect finish make it jewelry suitable for any skin tone or outfit.
- Easy in terms of maintenance. Simply clean with soap and water.
- Wearing a Black Diamond can help overcome a sense of inferiority and can increase a person’s confidence level.
- This jewelry is often recommended to someone who suffers from habits of overthinking, anxiety, nervousness, and poor temperament.
- Wearing the Black Diamond in such conditions will bring peace and tranquility to mind.
Interesting Fact: The Ancient Romans and Greeks believed that the Black Diamond was a tear released by the gods or a fragment of a shooting star. They also believe that Cupid’s arrow was pierced with the Black Diamond.
How to clean and maintain a nose ring
- Clean your jewelry with soap and water
- Store jewelry separately to avoid scratches
- Clean the jewelry every few months using a non-abrasive cloth, rubbing it gently in a back and forth motion. Do not rub in circles
- Keep away from chemicals
- Keep away from bumps and scratches
- Loose when sweating or when going to sleep
- Wipe with a soft cloth when necessary