A rash is a condition in which the skin becomes irritated, causing a red, itchy, and painful hue. Understand more about the Skin Rash Identification Chart: Symptoms In Children.
Explanation of skin rashes
The description of a skin rash can be seen in various forms. Diagnose this disease, of course, is different depending on the causes experienced by the sufferer.
And identify 10 common skin rashes, usually, this disease is often seen on the body and back.
Types of skin rashes:
- Heat rash
- Diaper rash
- Red spots
- Lyme Disease
How common is skin rash?
This condition is relatively common and has been experienced by millions of people in the world. And rashes on the skin can occur at any age. However, women are more susceptible to this disease than men.
What increases the risk of skin rashes?
History of allergies, asthma in the family, and frequent outdoor activities. This is what can increase the risk of skin rashes.
How is skin rash in children?
Rashes in childhood are common and nothing to worry about. Because it can disappear without the need for treatment.
However, see a doctor if your child has a rash and looks unwell. He will investigate the cause as well as recommend the necessary treatment.
Causes of skin rashes in children
Children are particularly susceptible to deformities of skin color and texture. Usually, this condition occurs due to certain diseases, such as:
- Chickenpox, which is a virus characterized by blistered red skin and itching throughout the body.
- Measles, which is a respiratory infection that causes itchy skin conditions and red lumps.
- Scarlet fever, which is an infection caused by group A Streptococcus bacteria that produce toxins and cause spots or red spots on the skin.
- Hand, foot, and mouth disease, which is a viral infection that can cause red lesions on that part.
- Fifth disease, which is a viral infection that causes red patches on the cheeks, upper arms, and legs.
- Kawasaki disease is triggered by rash and fever at an early stage. The disease can cause coronary artery aneurysm as a complication.
- Impetigo is an infectious bacterial infection that causes the hands, neck, face, and crust.
Skin rash identification chart
Contact dermatitis is an inflammation of the skin with foreign elements that cause allergies.
For treatment is to avoid foreign objects or elements, such as soaps, cosmetics, fragrances, jewelry, and plants.
Diaper rash usually occurs in babies, as it has sensitive skin.
For treatment is to use ointments and change diapers regularly.
Stings and Insect Bites
The stings and bites of these insects can produce toxins that cause allergic reactions to the body.
Usually, the poison causes rashes, itching, and discomfort in the body.
Fungal infections are primitive organisms that live in soil, air, plants, water, and humans.
Smallpox or shingles is the cause of chickenpox.
Smallpox sufferers will usually experience symptoms such as fever, headache, and pain in the body.
Ringworm is caused by fungi that can occur in the nails, head, groin, and legs.
Scarlet Fever is a bacterial infection that attacks children and causes a pink rash.
Symptoms that can appear in addition to rashes are headache, high fever, and swollen tongue.
Because scarlet fever is easily contagious, the treatment can be used with antibiotic drugs.
Allergies occur due to an abnormal reaction of the immune system to the drug consumed.
Symptoms that can be experienced by people are rashes accompanied by fever and biduran.
Burns can be painful and result in reddening, peeling, blistering, and swelling. This is caused by industrial chemicals.
This chronic inflammatory disease is caused by an immune system error that attacks the tissues.
Symptoms are felt in the form of hair loss, red and round rashes resembling scales on the skin.
Scabies is an attack of small fleas that live and hide in the skin. It causes a wavy and itchy rash.
Cellulitis usually appears with redness and swollen areas that hurt when touched. If left untreated, the infection is spreading and life-threatening.
Rosacea is a chronic skin condition with no known cause. There are several types of this disease, but all of them are characterized by a reddish color and a rash on the face.
Psoriasis is a condition that causes scaly skin, itching, and red marks to form along with the head, elbows, and joints.
Symptoms of skin rash in children
Symptoms of skin rash in children are usually seen on the inner elbow, behind the knee, face, back of the neck, and head.
Common symptoms of this condition are:
- Reddened skin
- Thick and rough skin
- Blisters fester
- Infection of damaged skin areas
When to see a doctor?
Contact your doctor immediately if you feel any of the above symptoms. Proper treatment can minimize the consequences, so that treatment can be done faster.
Do you have problems in the skin that cause baldness of the hair that grows on your body? know about Sweat Can Cause Denuded Skin? And How To Prevent It? this will explain more fully and how to treat it.
Skin Rash Diagnosis
In addition to asking about the symptoms and checking the condition of the skin, the doctor will also review the health history of the patient in the initial process of diagnosis.
After that, a follow-up examination can also be performed to ascertain the cause of the skin rash.
Skin Rash Treatment
Treatment of skin rashes will be adapted to the disease experienced by the patient. Usually, in the form of medication, therapy, or surgery.
Skin Rash Prevention
How to prevent heat-induced skin rashes:
- Avoid doing activities that sweat a lot
- It is best not to exercise heavily when the weather is hot and humid
- Drink plenty of water
How to prevent skin rashes due to contact dermatitis:
- Undergo an allergy test
- Use moisturizer to protect skin
- Avoid ingredients that can cause allergies, such as soaps, cosmetics, fragrances, jewelry, and plants
- Immediately clean the skin after exposure to allergy-causing ingredients
Treatment tips that can be done at home
- Use soft, unscented body soap
- Avoid bathing with hot water
- Let the skin breathe, do not coat it with plaster
- Do not rub and scratch the rash, this habit can increase the risk of infection
- If the skin is deformed and the texture feels dry, use a moisturizer without fragrance
- Do not use cosmetics that have the potential to cause rash conditions
- Wash hair regularly with anti-dandruff shampoo