Head lice are small animals that live on the scalp and cause itching. The medical term this disease is pediculosis capitis. Do you know how much Weight Of Average flea: How To Get Rid of Head Lice? Learn more to understand them all.
Fleas are not only found in humans but in cats, dogs also have fleas. However, the weigh, height, and yellow color set it apart.
Head lice come from?
This happens from contact with the head of another person who has head lice. However, the public opinion is different, that the scalp is poorly clean, or infected by animals.
Who can lice?
This disorder only occurs in humans and is contagious. Head lice generally attack children at school age, but it does not rule out adults who live together.
What will people who have head lice feel?
A person who contracts head lice will feel itching on the scalp, ears, and neck. This is due to his saliva which can cause allergic reactions.
Characteristics of head lice:
- Fleas have 6 legs
- The size is only the size of sesame seeds
- Has the same color as the hair
Can head lice disappear on their own?
Head lice cannot disappear on their own, because even those that are dead will leave the eggs and hatch and then grow up. And he kept on reproducing to produce offspring in large numbers.
This cycle continues to spin, so that head lice do not disappear on their own if left without treatment.
How do head lice multiply?
The way lice multiply is by biting or sucking blood. So, during this process, there is saliva attached to the head and causes itching.
What are the consequences of head lice?
Increasing the number of lice can make itching worse and increase the risk of infection or eczema on the scalp. Also makes contagion higher.
How long do head lice live outside the head?
Lice develop into Nymph taking 9-12 days, then survive outside the head after maturing for 3-4 weeks.
Not only head lice have a small body but how much Weight Of Average Bug will explain about the shape, size, and consequences if exposed to the animal.
Are head lice edible?
Yes, it is true, lice can be eaten as a liver medicine that is consumed directly or using other foods.
How many lice eggs per egg lay?
The eggs have a size of about 1 mm and each female head lice can lay eggs about 24-48 hours after fertilization by the male.
In a day, female head lice can lay eggs 2.4 – 5 times and the total is about 70 eggs a week.
Weight Of Average Flea
It is difficult to compare the weight of lice, but for now, it is observed on average about 8 decigrams.
Risk Factors for Head lice
The greatest risk of transmission is:
- Play together
- Make physical contact
- There’s only one roof with people
Causes of Head Lice
Pediculosis is caused by pediculus humanus var capitis, an organism the size of a strawberry seed that survives by sucking blood on the scalp.
Even though it doesn’t fly or jump, head lice can creep quickly. This allows moving from the person’s head through objects used, such as hats, scarves, combs, pillows, towels, and headphones.
Contagion can also occur if a person keeps the object in the same place as the person.
Symptoms of Head lice
A person with head lice can experience a variety of symptoms, including:
- The feeling of objects moving around the hair
- The discovery of lice on the scalp
- The discovery of nits in the hair shaft
- If infected will cause pain
When to see a doctor?
If you experience any of the above symptoms, see a doctor immediately for appropriate treatment and advice. So that treatment can be done faster.
The doctor will diagnose by identifying with the help of wood’s lamp, where the nits will appear bluish.
Then the nits are taken and stored under a microscope to determine if there are nymphs or adult lice.
How to get rid of flea?
Several ways can be done to treat head lice. E.g:
- Cutting or shaving hair
- Use vinegar acid to remove head lice, used carefully so as not to irritate the scalp
- The patient is required apply a cream rinse-shaped drug, then left for 2 hours. Although it is potent to repel lice, should be alert to its side effects, namely redness and itching of the scalp
- Use a spray-shaped drug, usually recommended for people less than 6 years of age. After applying to the scalp, and leave it for 1 night
- Apply 1% gamexan to the scalp, and leave for 12 hours
Complications of Head lice
Head lice are not a fairly serious disease. However, if left untreated it can trigger such conditions, the peeling of the scalp, resulting in infection.
This condition can occur when the person scratches the itchy scalp due to head lice attacks.
Prevention of Head lice
There are at least a few efforts that can be tried to prevent head lice, among others:
- Wash your hair regularly to keep your head clean
- Avoid direct contact with the head of the person
- Avoid sharing personal items such as towels or combs with people
How to get rid of head lice naturally:
- Prepare 10 cloves of garlic
- Put in a blender and grind until smooth
- Prepare 3 teaspoons of lime juice
- Apply on the scalp until evenly
- Use a shower cap to cover hair
- Leave for 30 minutes